Kalika’s visions of scenes, vibrant still life vignettes and floral compositions are drawn from her world travels and personal experiences at home in North Texas. Kalika is a self taught artist.
Born and raised in Mumbai, India, Kalika migrated to the US at a young age of sixteen. Kalika’s passion for painting dates back to her childhood years. However challenges of lifestyle adjustments in a new country, practicalities of life, raising a family and career interfered with the artistic pursuits. Kalika's daughter and son-in-law live in London, UK; her son is in downtown Dallas, TX. Kalika has a bachelor's degree in nursing and a master's degree in business administration. She has many years of exprience as a corporate healthcaare leader.
“I create my art to fulfill a deep sense of accomplishment and personal joy that I like to share with others. I find my inspiration in the beauty of nature all around us. I particularly love capturing the nuances of light and shadow in landscapes and still life settings. Ultimately, the natural beauty of nature captures my eye and it is in these pieces that I find my greatest joy. More recently I have discovered the art of abstract painting using acrylic paints. The flow and movement in these abstracts are quite an intrigue and inspiration to me."
- Solo Exhibit, Gallery Night, Lewisville, Texas August 2018
- Art & Wine Walk Castle Hills Lewisville Texas September 2018
- Creme de la Creme Juried Exhibit, Visual Art Guild of Frisco, Frisco Discovery Center Texas October 2018
- The Blue Juried Exhibit, thegallery8680 Frisco, Texas November 2018
- Member, Oil Painters of America